What does a construction carpenter do?
It’s easy to look at a construction site and assume everyone is a builder, but that’s not the case.
High quality finishes, an eye for detail that spots imperfections at 100 yards, and a commitment to excellence no matter the size or scope of a project. These are hallmarks of a skilled construction carpenter, which is a crucial skill set on any Perth job site
Construction carpenters may help with:
- Building and assemble frames
- Building and install fixtures
- Formwork for concrete
- Framework construction
- Building gazebos or pergolas
- Building and install door frames
- Installing drywall
- Installing cladding
- Interior renovations
- Making furniture or cabinets
When you need a superior finish, that extra attention to detail, or a professional who cares as much about your construction project as you do, trust Perth’s leading construction carpentry team.
How much does it cost to hire a construction carpenter?
The average cost of a construction carpenter in Australia is $50/hour, though this figure depends on the complexity of your project and the cost of materials.
You’ll also need to take into account the skill of your local carpenter, with a quality construction carpenter charging anywhere from $1,00 for installing a stylish timber door to $6,000 for a timber decking area.
See below for a rough guide to the most common construction carpentry jobs.
||Average Perth Price
|Timber Door Installation
||$1,000 to $1,500
|Timber Window Installation||$3,500 to $5,000
PLEASE NOTE: The above figures are estimates only. For accurate pricing on all your construction needs, reach out and request a free quote on 0439 090 287.
How do I spot a reliable and professional construction carpenter?
It’s tough to separate the great tradies from tradies with great marketing, so be careful of making a decision on Google reviews or a flashy website alone.
It’s always best to speak to a handful of carpenters to find the right fit for you (between 3 and 5 is ideal) as well as receive a free quote for your upcoming project. Outside of requesting their rates, be sure to ask the following questions to make sure you’re onto a winner.
(We’ve thrown in our answers to give you an indication of what you should be looking for)
- “How many years of experience do you have?”
- We have over 20 years of experience working in and around Perth, so there’s no construction site or project we haven’t seen.
- “Are you a registered business?”
- Yes. Our carpentry services are certified, insured and licensed so you’re only getting the best available products, workmanship and customer service.
- “What type of warranties do you offer?”
- We offer 12-month workmanship warranties so you can rest assured your home or business will stand the test of time, and your money is going towards a quality finish.
- “Are you licensed and insured for this type of work?”
- Yes. We treat every client like they’re an old friend, finding ways to add value without cutting corners. But we’re also a trained and skilled team of construction carpenters who carry all relevant licenses and insurance coverage for your peace of mind.
- What type of client testimonials can you share?
- We know we’re only as good as our most recent project, and we’re happy to let our work (and customers) speak for themselves in our client testimonials.
Why choose Bob Fougere for your residential carpentry project
Homeowners across Perth have come to trust Bob Fougere carpentry for a variety of residential projects. With other 20 years of experience and a one-year warranty on all project work, our customers benefit from unsurpassed quality and attention to detail.
Our reliable, friendly staff treat customers like family. We spend the time upfront to discuss your project in detail and ensure everything is completed to expectation. We focus on building long-term relationships based on top-tier service at an unmatched price. You can contact Bob and his team on 0439 090 287 or send over your project details for a fast free quote today.
Frequently asked questions about construction carpentry in Perth
Does carpentry come with a warranty when part of a construction project?
This depends on the carpenter you choose. While some companies may offer exciting discounts and deals upfront, you can end up paying significantly more if the quality of their work leads to structural problems and expensive repairs. At Bob Fougere Carpentry we include a 12-month warranty on all construction timber work, so you can enjoy your new space, not stress over it.
Do construction carpenters only work with timber?
No. Although most people hear the word ‘carpenter’ and immediately think of timber, carpenters also work with steel, timber substitutes, and a range of materials found in your average construction project. Construction involves laying flooring, building framework for walls and roofs, as well as installing windows, cabinetry and fixtures, all of which we can help with.
Do you work with home renovations and remodelling projects?
No matter how much you love your home, there comes a time when you feel ready for change.
At Bob Fougere Carpentry we specialise in all forms of construction, including your home upgrades, across small remodelling projects to large scale renovations.
Maybe your home is starting to show signs of ageing, or maybe you’ve realised there are affordable changes you can make to improve your living, whatever the reason, our team can help provide simple alterations through to extensive upgrades, leaving you with a space that’s been transformed.
Imagine how your home would look with a new partition wall to divide your space and create the effect of a new home without the cost or hassle of moving. Or, how would it feel to wake up to a kitchen with entirely new cabinetry each morning?
When you’ve been dreaming of an upgraded home, let Bob and the team help bring decades of construction experience and find the most effective way to bring your vision to life.